The CTC WPF View Controller is a control specifically designed to encapsulate everything related to the display of the generated forms/views, including all communication with the back-end EAE/AB Suite host system.
The control is implemented as a WPF control, allowing it to be added to any WPF application from which access to an EAE/AB Suite application is required.
Included with the generator is a default WPF application that utilises the CTC WPF View Controller. The View Controller is a flexible, customizable control that can be added to any WPF application. This allows customers to develop their own WPF solutions and include access to the EAE/AB Suite system as required. The default WPF application provides the starting point for customization.
Single CTC WPF View Controller
Typically, a user interface provides access to one host system and therefore one CTC WPF View Controller would be included in the WPF application as seen above. However, the View Controller has been designed to allow for multiple controls to be added to the same WPF application as seen below.
Multiple CTC WPF View Controllers
Tabbed view using Multiple CTC WPF View Controllers
This allows the creation of a WPF User Interface Application with:
- multiple views to the same EAE/AB Suite application,
- multiple views to different EAE/AB Suite applications on the same or different host systems,
- or a combination of the above.
Major features of the CTC WPF View Controller include:
- Complete host system session management.
- Efficient Forms/Views Download Manager.
- Support of Dynamic Properties allowing the EAE/AB Suite host application to set properties on controls at runtime.
- Customization through flexible API and event handling.
- Displaying alternative views allowing Form Designers to paint forms using tools like Microsoft Expression Blend.
See also the Runtime Architecture